Interactive Media Maker & Teacher
- As an educator and leader within Confederation College, Kevin has graduated over 300 students, designed and implemented 4 programs, served as program coordinator and professor and worked to develop many projects as a member of Academic Council, the Entrepreneurism Task force and the Innovation Committee.
- Kevin has earned the respect of the Interactive Media market in Thunder Bay through 20 years of service. As an entrepreneur, he has worked with 5 media companies as developer, designer and owner/operator.
- Public service is at the core of Kevin’s spirit, having served on the board of the North of Superior Film Association, the board of the Thunder Bay Community Auditorium Foundation, the board of the Northwestern Ontario Technology Association, the Thunder Bay Symphony Orchestra Marketing team, and the Birch Point Disc Golf Association
- Leader in the community of Confederation College spearheading the creation of Project and Content Management systems, new economic drivers like the E-Business Voucher campaign, and the Business Innovation Zone.
- Digital Art and Design
- Computer Programming
- Product Positioning & Branding
- Web & Print Content Development
- Focus Group & Market Research
- Development of College Programming
- Systems Design
- Human Resource Networking
CONFEDERATION COLLEGE, Thunder Bay, ON – Ontario College serving 8000 learners.
Coordinator and Professor, 1/2004 to Present
Develop and deliver curriculum for the Interactive Media Production program while administrating the daily business for the faculty and students. Serving to create new business opportunities and strategic partnerships within multiple boards at the college.
- Taught, mentored, advised and graduated over 300 Media Professionals at Confederation College.
- Generated and implemented the curriculum for 4 new programs at Confederation College, including the Interactive Media Production, Multimedia Production, Computer Programmer, and Animation Production programs.
- Designed the Business Innovation Zone, a new opportunity for students to create new businesses within Confederation College. A new one-year program will be launching in 2015.
ELEMENT & STEIN, Thunder Bay, ON – Owner & Operator.
Coordinator and Professor, 1/2005 to 1/2008
Managed a custom content management system designed and implemented to make the lives of over 50 clients easier. Propelled the company into the era of Open Source content management by migrating content and updating strategy.
CANUSA TRAVEL INFORMATION NETWORK, Thunder Bay, ON – Ontario College serving 8000 learners.
Coordinator and Professor, 6/1997 to 1/2004
Managed a development team of 12 through the production of a vector based cartographical system that was employed to create a tourism marketing solution for 1500 destinations over the Internet and touch screen kiosks. Over 50 websites were managed through a custom content management system design at Canusa.
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Blender, Flash, Visual Studio, Eclipse, MS Project, MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
Web/Multimedia: Windows Server, WHM and CPanel, Git, MS SQL Server, MySQL, Web Server Administration, WordPress
LAKEHEAD UNIVERSITY, Thunder Bay, ON
Bachelor of Visual Arts, 5/1997
– Major: Visual Arts
– Minor: Women’s Studies
Portfolio on Request